TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 1 °C Friday 19 January, 2018
Advertisement

Gardaí to dig at south Dublin house after claims that two babies were killed there

It is believed that the operation will be a major one and will take place next week.

Image: Eamonn Farrell/Photocall Ireland

GARDAÍ ARE TO begin excavating at a house in south Dublin after a woman alleged two children she gave birth to were murdered there.

Ireland Live News on UTV Ireland today broke the news of the case, which comes after months of investigation by detectives.

According to the station’s Zara King, the now 53-year-old woman came forward to allege she had been abused by her father and other men between 1966, when she was just five, and 1977.

Source: UTV Ireland/YouTube

In that time, she says that she gave birth to two children – one when she was 12, one when she was 14.

She says that her mother suffocated both children and buried them in the back garden.

It is believed that the operation will be a major one and will take place next week.

Gardaí this evening confirmed that the allegations had been made and that a search warrant was executed at an address in Dublin this evening. They say the searches will take two to three weeks.

Read: Officers “on the breadline” because of pay cuts after attacks from prisoners

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (23)