Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
THE BODY WHICH WAS RECOVERED by fishermen off the south coast of Co Wexford today, between Ballyhack and Passage East, has been identified as that of missing Wexford man John Ennis.
Father-of-four John Ennis, 64, has been missing since the boat he was working on sank in the Suir estuary a month ago.
The boat’s skipper, Richard McNamara, was able to swim to the shore and raise the alarm when the boat sank on Friday 18 February.
RNLI teams, the coastguard and the navy have been involved in the search.
Ennis family friend Patricia King, who helped organise a hundreds-strong search for the fisherman, told RTÉ’s News at One that the body has now been positively identified as that of John Ennis.
Michael Hickey from the Carrick on Suir rescue service said that in his 36 years of being involved in searches, he had never seen such a level of support for a search, and thanked all those who had been involved for their help.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say