This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 12 °C Tuesday 23 April, 2019
Advertisement

Fire crews free boy after he got his hand trapped inside a cinema seat

The boy had been going to see the new Smurfs film with his family.

18033249_1458408084222284_2631584959176401798_n Source: NIFRS West via Facebook

A CHILD IN Derry had to be cut free by fire crews yesterday, after his hand became trapped in a cinema seat.

The young boy had been attending the cinema to see the new Smurfs film with his family, but had managed to get his hand trapped in the seat at the Omniplex in the Quayside Shopping Centre yesterday afternoon.

Crews from Northland and Crescent Links attended the scene, and used a hydraulic cutter, socket sets and screwdrivers to free him.

It is not believed that the boy required hospital treatment afterwards but both he and his mother and father were relieved when he was eventually freed.

17992276_1458408080888951_8268963173890713868_n Source: NIFRS West via Facebook

Read: Aslan pay tribute as keyboardist Patrick ‘Fitzy’ Fitzpatrick dies following battle with cancer

Read: Over 30,000 sign petition to prevent Sisters of Charity becoming owners of maternity hospital

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Sean Murray

Read next:

COMMENTS (18)