#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 14°C Sunday 20 September 2020
Advertisement

Department denies report of further review of Children's Hospital

The Department of Health say John Fitzgerald is not carrying out any review of locations.

Earlier protests about the location of the hospital
Earlier protests about the location of the hospital
Image: Laura Hutton / Photocall Ireland

THE DEPARTMENT OF Health has said former Dublin City manager John Fitzgerald has not been asked to assess potential locations for their suitability as a location for the planned new Children’s Hospital.

A spokesperson for the department told TheJournal.ie that reports this morning were incorrect. “John Fitzgerald is not carrying out any review,” he said.

“The next step in the process is a meeting between the Taoiseach, Tánaiste and Minister for Health in the near future. They will then bring something to Cabinet,” he said.

Speaking in the Dáil yesterday, Enda Kenny said he would expect a decision in the next two to three weeks.

Earlier this morning, RTÉ reported that the former city manager had been asked to conduct an assessment of locations. It now reports that the Government is seeking further clarity on the planning implications for the proposed National Children’s Hospital site.

Decision on children’s hospital due ‘in two or three weeks’ – Kenny

Read next:

COMMENTS (8)