Advertisement
O'Connell Street

Man taken to hospital after electrocution at Eason in Limerick city

The man was taken to University Hospital Limerick.

THE HEALTH AND Safety Authority has begun an investigation, after a man was electrocuted today at the Eason shop on O’Connell Street in Limerick city.

The incident happened just before midday today, and the Easons store was then closed.

A Health and Safety Authority spokesperson confirmed this evening that the man had been taken to hospital for treatment and that an investigation was under way.

The man was an electrical contractor and was performing work at the site, according to a report in the Limerick Leader.

Units from the Limerick Fire and Emergency Services attended the scene, as did ESB Networks.

An ESB Networks spokesperson said it was aware of the incident and would help the emergency services investigate what had happened.

The man was brought to University Hospital Limerick.

Read: Gate Theatre appoints independent expert to examine Michael Colgan allegations

Read: Here’s what the minimum price for booze will be under new alcohol rules

Your Voice
Readers Comments
25
This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
Leave a Comment
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.

    Leave a commentcancel