Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
LAST UPDATE | 12 Oct 2025
IRISH ACTIVISTS ABOARD a Gaza-bound aid flotilla who were captured by Israeli forces have been released from custody this morning.
Writer Naoise Dolan and Dr Veronica O’Keane are confirmed to have been transferred to Jordan after being detained by Israeli forces.
A spokesperson for the flotilla confirmed that all members of the flotilla have now been released from Israeli custody.
“All participants in the Thousands Madleens Flotilla and the Freedom Flotilla Coalition’s Conscience Mission have been released from unlawful Israeli detention, and most have now been deported. No participant remains in Israel’s custody,” the spokesperson said.
Dozens of participants were deported via Jordan earlier today.
A total of five Irish citizens were on board boats in the flotilla intercepted by Israel in the Mediterranean Sea last week.
Dolan and Independent TD Barry Heneghan were aboard one of the flotilla boats, the Milad.
Another three Irish citizens– Fionn MacArthur, Mutaz Jadaan and O’Keane – were on board the Conscience.
Heneghan returned to Ireland on Friday, Tanaiste Simon Harris said, but the status of MacArthur and Jadaan is currently unconfirmed.
A statement released today said that Dolan is “safe, unharmed, and will return to Dublin tomorrow.”
A welcome gathering will take place at Dublin Airport, Terminal 1, at 4pm tomorrow.
Dolan’s family have extended an open invitation.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say