THE MILKY BAR kid would be very disappointed to hear that his favourite chocolates have had to be recalled after fears that some packs may contain pieces of rubber.
Nestlé, the company that makes Milkybar products, has recalled a number of its Milkybar Buttons and Milkybar Discs products as a precautionary measure as “it has come to [their] attention that a very small number of packs could contain small pieces of rubber”.
The company says there is no food safety risks to these products and if people have already eaten them, there is no cause for concern.
The packets that are thought to possibly have rubber in them are:
- Milkybar Discs 30g bags, with a best before date October and December 2011
- Milkybar Buttons 30g bag, best before date October, November and December 2011
- Milkybar Buttons multipack 4 x standard 20g bags, best before date November 2011
- Milkybar Buttons Giant 150g, best before date November and December 2011
- Nestlé Treatsize bag 310g, containing Milkybar Buttons, with a best before date August and September 2011
No other Milkybar bars or products – including Easter Eggs – are affected, and you can find the best before date on the rear or base of packs.
Nestlé recommends if you have any of these products, to dispose of them and send the wrapper – including the best before date – to Milkybar recall, PO Box, 205, Freepost 1374, York, YO91 1XY, UK for a full refund.
To find out more, ring 00800 6378 5385 or vist www.nestle.ie