The measures announced include:
- a 2 per cent VAT rate rise
- fuel price increases
- 25c extra on packs of 20 cigarettes
- a €250 increase in third-level student registration fees
- the introduction of a €100 household charge
- changes to the government’s mortgage interest relief schemes
As people look for new ways to cut back on their spending and deal with the Budget 2012 measures, what are your best tips for saving money? Do you know of any great free entertainment, ways to make the family food budget stretch that bit further, companies or groups that help you make the most of the cent in your pocket?
Let us know in the comments below and we’ll compile an article tomorrow based on YOUR advice.
In pictures: Winners and losers of Budget 2012
Explainer: Changes to mortgage interest relief