Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
A 24-YEAR-old man who had been detained in relation to a hit and run in the Phoenix Park on Monday that killed a two-year-old girl has been released without charge.
Two year old Venessa Siatka was struck by the car on the North Road in the Phoenix Park. She was rushed to Temple Street Children’s Hospital but was pronounced dead in the early hours of yesterday morning.
A 24-year-old was arrested shortly after the incident and was held until the early hours of this morning. Gardaí confirmed this morning that the man was released without charge.
They said a file will be prepared for the Director of Public Prosecutions.
Yesterday, investigators said they are interested in hearing from anyone who saw a green Toyota Corolla with an 02 D registration being driven “erratically” in the area, in particular near the park’s Visitors’ Centre.
Anyone who witnessed the incident can contact Cabra Garda Station on 01 666 7400, The Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111 or any garda station.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say