This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 4 °C Monday 24 February, 2020
Advertisement

Boy receives interim award of €1.3m for injuries at birth

Four-year-old child suffers from cerebral palsy and will require 24-hour care for the rest of his life.

Image: markhillary via Creative Commons

THE HIGH COURT HAS approved an interim settlement of €1.3m in damages to a four-year-old boy for injuries he sustained at birth, RTÉ News reports.

The court heard that if Luke Miggin had been delivered an hour earlier, he would have escaped injury, but now suffers from cerebral palsy and will require 24-hour care for the rest of his life.

The interim payment was awarded against the HSE and a consultant obstetrician.

Luke’s mother said she would have liked an apology and said she should have had a healthy child.

Read the story in full on RTÉ.ie >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel