Readers like you keep news free for everyone.

More than 5,000 readers have already pitched in to keep free access to The Journal.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can help keep paywalls away.

Support us today
Not now
Advertisement

Concerned neighbours may have saved the lives of two Cork sisters found unconscious

The women are believed to have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

Image: Google maps

TWO ELDERLY SISTERS are recovering in hospital after suffering suspected carbon monoxide poisoning at a house in the city.

The women were discovered unconscious by neighbours and gardaí on Blarney St this morning after locals became concerned for their well-being.

On of the sisters is believed to be in her early 90s and the other in her early 80s.

They were both removed to Cork University Hospital where they are recovering. Their condition is not thought to be life threatening.

Read: Watch out for dangerous carbon monoxide in your home >

Poll: Do you have a carbon monoxide alarm in your home? >

Making a difference

A mix of advertising and supporting contributions helps keep paywalls away from valuable information like this article.

Over 5,000 readers like you have already stepped up and support us with a monthly payment or a once-off donation.

For the price of one cup of coffee each week you can make sure we can keep reliable, meaningful news open to everyone regardless of their ability to pay.

About the author:

Rónán Duffy

Read next:

COMMENTS (12)