#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 9°C Sunday 16 May 2021
Advertisement

Michigan man uses firework to knock out bees' nest, burns building down by mistake

Fortunately, no-one was injured.

ff The Grand Blanc Fire Department dealing with the fire in Mike Tingley's garage Source: Shannon Millard/AP

A MICHIGAN MAN who tried to use fireworks to remove a bees’ nest from his garage has ended up burning the building down instead.

Emergency service crews responding to the home in Grand Blanc Township saw fireworks shooting into the sky from the burning garage, local site MLive Michigan reports.

No-one was injured.

Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette says the homeowner was trying to use a smoke bomb to get a bees’ nest out of the garage.

Homeowner Mike Tingley says that while he’s sad about his garage, he’s happy the incident wasn’t worse.

“Everyone is safe and that’s the main thing,” he said.

Read: Juncker lays into ‘ridiculous’ European Parliament after just 30 of 751 MEPs show up for debate

Read: Socks, drums and GAA: Government goes ‘Full Riverdance’ for Trudeau visit

About the author:

Associated Press

Read next:

COMMENTS (33)