Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
GARDAÍ IN CORK are continuing their searches for three missing men in unrelated cases.
The men all disappeared this month, with gardaí asking for the public’s assistance in tracing their whereabouts.
Thomas Rawley, aged 63 from Bishopstown, was last seen around South Main Street in Cork City at about 7.30am on Tuesday 22 December. His family are very concerned for his welfare.
He is described as being 5’7” and of thin build with shaved, dark hair. He is believed to be wearing a dark navy overcoat, black pants and baseball cap and walks with the aid of a crutch.
Thomas is a well-known figure in the Cork basketball community and former player and current Kerry footballer Kieran Donaghy joined the appeal to find him.
Thomas’s granddaughter Laura has been posting details of the search locations on Facebook, thanking locals for their help.
Searches resumed in the River Lee area this afternoon.
Anyone with any information in relation to his whereabouts is asked to contact the Togher Garda Station on 021 4947120.
Diarmuid Twomey
A fresh appeal for information about missing 31-year-old Diarmuid Twomey was issued on Christmas Eve.
The Corkman has not been seen since 20 December at 3am. He disappeared from Fairhill in Gurranabraher where he had been attending a family party.
His mobile phone was later found outside a house at Ballynahina.
He is described as being six foot in height, of stocky build with dark brown hair.
When last seen, the father of two was wearing a blue check shirt, beige chinos and brown runners.
Gardaí say they are concerned for his safety and have appealed for anyone with any information to contact them.
They have put out a particular call to any taxi drivers who may have picked up a fare in the area from a person matching his description. Farmers in the Whitechurch and Carrignavar areas were also asked to check their land, buildings and sheds.
Speaking to RedFM, his partner Ciara Byrne said the disappearance was out of character.
“I’m waiting for him to walk in the door and say I was up in a friend’s house but time is pushing on,” she said a couple of days after he went missing.
Anyone with information can contact Gurranabraher Garda station on 021 494 6200 or the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111.
David Mannix
Fifty-year-old David Mannix was last seen on Saturday 12 December, also in the Gurranabraher area.
At the time he was driving a black Ford Focus with a 00 C registration plate while wearing a dark green coat, dark suit pants and dark shoes.
He is described as being about 5′ 8″ tall with grey hair and a grey moustache.
Anyone with information is being asked to contact Gurranabraher Garda Station on 021 4946200, the Garda Confidential Line at 1800 666 111 or any garda station.
Galway search
Elsewhere, the search for missing student Michael Bugler continues in Galway. He disappeared from the city at about 1am on 18 December during a night out.
A vigil was held in his home county of Clare yesterday evening. The 20-year-old is described as being 5’9″ in height, of thin build with short brown hair and blue eyes. When last seen he was wearing a blue coloured jumper and jeans.
He is originally from Ennis, Co Clare but has been living in Galway and is currently in his third year studying law at NUIG.
Writing on Facebook yesterday evening, his sister Laura thanked everyone who had got involved in the search so far.
“I wish I could thank everyone individually for the turn out today,” she said.
“You’ve all been absolutely amazing, we’re humbled and astounded at the support. We will be meeting again tomorrow at 10am at Oranmore Garda Station to continue our search for our lovely Michael, if people could share and like this status to spread the word it would be much appreciated.”
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say