This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 8 °C Thursday 21 November, 2019
Advertisement

Prosecutors examine new set of sex abuse allegations against Rolf Harris

The 85-year-old is already serving a five year jail term for sexually assaulting several girls.

AUTHORITIES IN ENGLAND are examining a file of further allegations against disgraced  entertainer Rolf Harris, sources said today.

Harris, 85, a household name for decades in Britain and Australia, was interviewed under caution by officers in early February.

He was jailed for five years and nine months in July last year for a string of sexual assaults against girls.

He was found guilty of indecently assaulting four victims between 1969 and 1986, including the childhood best friend of his daughter Bindi.

rolf-harris-court-case-9 Source: Dominic Lipinski/PA

The Crown Prosecution Service, which decides whether charges should be brought, said it was examining new material from the police’s Operation Yewtree investigation into historic sex offences.

“The CPS has received a full file of evidence following the interview under caution of an 85-year-old man on 3 and 4 February at a police station in Stafford in relation to Operation Yewtree,” a spokesman said.

“A decision will be made in due course.”

The CPS declined to name the man, although it is understood to be Harris.

The Yewtree investigation was set up in the wake of revelations that Jimmy Savile, a fellow major BBC star, was a prolific abuser.

Read: The Queen has taken Rolf Harris’s honours away>

Read: Rolf Harris found guilty on all charges of indecent assault>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

AFP

Read next:

COMMENTS (21)