NEED TO CATCH up? TheJournal.ie brings you a roundup of today’s news…
Photo by Carlo Allegri/AP
- The body of a man has been recovered from the site of yesterday’s suspected gas explosion in Killarney, Co Kerry.
- Minister Pat Rabbitte has ruled out the government returning to the abortion issue in its current term.
- Martin McGuinness has said that people rioting in Belfast were wound up by those who should know better.
- The government’s plans to means-test disability care have been criticised.
- A government TD has said that deputies should not be allowed to drink alcohol in the Dáil bar until 5am.
- The family of Jean McConville may seek British war diaries to discover more about their mother-of-ten’s disappearance and death.
- A man has died in an early-morning road crash in Louth.
- The sunny weather is going to last for the rest of next week and next weekend.
- The Irish Coast Guard is warning people not to do this if they go in the water.
Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
#TRAYVON: George Zimmerman has been acquitted of the murder of Trayvon Martin in a controversial Florida case.
#JK ROWLING: The Harry Potter author has written a rather good crime novel under a pseudonym.
#ITALY: An Italian senator has insisted he meant no offence when he compared the country’s first black minister to an orangutan.
#GLEE: Cory Monteith, who played Finn in the hit TV show, has died after a suspected drug overdose.
Junior Minister Ciarán Cannon wants more innovation in our classrooms, here’s his column for TheJournal.ie.
Lucinda Creighton may be out of the job as European Affairs Minister but that doesn’t mean she has spare time to go to one young man’s Debs as she tweeted today.