This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 4 °C Thursday 12 December, 2019
Advertisement

Irish man hoping for assault charge on brother to be downgraded

Barry Lyttle is due back in court on 16 April.

Image: Facebook

THE IRISH MAN who allegedly assaulted his brother outside a bar in Sydney in January has appeared in court today over the incident.

Barry Lyttle, 33, who is said to have punched his brother Patrick Lyttle, 31, is set to have to wait another week to learn if the charge against him will be downgraded, according to the Sydney Morning Herald. 

This incident happened in the Kings Cross area at around 3am on 3 January and caused Patrick to fall backwards and hit his head on the pavement.

Following the incident Patrick was taken to a local hospital and placed on life support. He was in a coma for a brief period in January before making what he has said is “a fantastic recovery”.

The court heard that Patrick Lyttle has fully recovered from his injuries and is not expected to experience any long-term effects.

His condition had earlier been described as “critical but stable”.

He has expressed wishes that the charges against his brother be dropped and has attended court with him over the past number of months.

The case is set to return to court on 16 April.

Read: Irishman Patrick Lyttle has walked out of hospital in Sydney

Also: Irish man remains critical as brother accused of punching him is granted bail

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS