Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
DANCING WITH THE Stars frontrunner Jordan Dargan and his professional dancing partner Rebecca Scott have defended Paudie Moloney’s dancing skills after being knocked out of the competition.
Last night’s episode of the show saw Dargan, a former Apprentice contestant, get voted out by the public ahead of next week’s final.
There has been criticism online that The Traitors Ireland star doesn’t deserve to have made it into the final four when contestants like Dargan have not.
“How is this fella still on the show?” one Reddit user asked, but others were quick to defend Moloney. “He’s thoroughly entertaining, gives it his all and is popular with the public,” another user said.
The Limerick man was a fan favourite who earned the nickname ‘The Paudfather’ when he made it to the final stages of The Traitors Ireland last year.
Gliding through the rhythm with effortless elegance! Paudie & Laura owning the American Smooth 🕺💜💃 #DWTSIrl pic.twitter.com/wclDujACh7
— RTÉ One (@RTEOne) March 9, 2026
Speaking on RTÉ 2FM today, Dargan said he believes Moloney could win the entire competition.
“After last night I think Paudie could win it,” he said.
“He’s a testament that everything can change within a small space of time, no matter how old, young, whatever you are.”
“I don’t think he’s a half bad dancer. The elephant in the room is, is he at the standard of Katelyn and Eric? No. But he’s also 69 years of age.”
Professional dancer Scott said Moloney “does his steps and he does them well”. “People need to remember that he’s a person and he’s a lovely guy,” she said.
She also highlighted the fact that it is the public who decide which contestants remain. “Can’t complain when it’s a public vote. It is what it is,” she said.
A Cha Cha Cha to remember! 💃🕺
— RTÉ One (@RTEOne) March 9, 2026
Jordan and Rebecca lit up the #DWTSIrl dancefloor last night 💜 You both should be so proud of your journey 💫 pic.twitter.com/3hIR2ZMugO
Dargan thanked Scott after being voted off last night for helping him grow “as a dancer and a person”.
He was the eight contestant to be eliminated from this season of the competition.
“We were so close and I wanted it so badly – I’ve had the time of my life – thank you to everyone.”
The five contestants in last night’s show faced an extra challenge.
After they performed their individual dance, each couple danced for a second time in a ‘Time Machine Trio’, where they were joined on the floor by a second professional dancer. The end result was a Dance Off between Dargan and Tolü Makay.
Dargan and Scott received a total of 77 points last night after dancing a Cha Cha Cha to Dreamer by Livin’ Joy, and a Charleston to the Beatles’ hit Help! alongside pro dancer James Cutler.
The grand finale of Dancing with the Stars is on RTÉ One on Sunday 15 March at 6.30pm.
The remaining contestants facing off in the final include Moloney and his professional partner Laura Nolan, Rose of Tralee Katelyn Cummins and her professional partner Leonardo Lini, Singer songwriter Tolü Makay and her professional partner Maciej Zięba and Ireland AM Eric Roberts and his professional partner Arianna Favar.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say