#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 11°C Wednesday 28 July 2021
Advertisement

Reality star whose boyfriend was arrested for acid attack confirms she is pregnant

Ferne McCann said she does not wish to discuss her now-ex boyfriend.

Image: Daniel Leal-Olivas PA Archive/PA Images

REALITY TV’S FERNE McCann has said that she is pregnant, and thanked people for the support she has received in a week that has ended with her now-ex boyfriend, Arthur Collins, set to appear in court charged in connection with a nightclub acid attack.

The attack occurred in the early hours of Easter Monday, 17 April, and the incident left two people partially blinded and others disfigured.

It is believed 20 people were doused with a corrosive substance at the Mangle nightclub in Dalston in London.

McCann had repeatedly issued statements urging Collins to cooperate with police, and said she was not present at the club on the night of the incident. He was arrested in connection with the crime at the weekend.

In a statement issued on her behalf today, a spokesperson said: “Ferne is grateful for the sympathetic way news of her pregnancy has been covered and people’s support and obviously her first concern is for her child’s health.

Accordingly she does not wish to discuss the pregnancy further given the early stage it is at and the immense strain that Ferne is currently under.
Nor does she wish to discuss her ex-boyfriend who she does not recognise from the events of the last week.

The statement adds that she is in no way “seeking sympathy” for her situation, and that she was putting all of her efforts into facing the “challenges of being a single parent”.

Noxious substance incident Arthur Collins is due to appear in court charged with the acid attack. Source: Metropolitan Police PA Wire/PA Images

Collins was arrested on suspicion of attempted murder at an address in Rushden, Northants on Saturday night. He is due to appear before Thames Magistrates’ Court.

A second man is due to appear the same court charged with seven counts of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Read: ‘So, uh, what’s been going on since I’ve been gone?’: Obama returns to public spotlight

Read: Frances Fitzgerald: Abortion referendum should be held next year

About the author:

Sean Murray

Read next:

COMMENTS (33)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

    Leave a commentcancel