This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 6 °C Monday 20 May, 2019
Advertisement

Fire breaks out at one of Las Vegas' top hotels

A number of guests were evacuated from the Cosmopolitan Hotel on the Las Vegas strip.

Image: Business Insider

A MASSIVE FIRE broke out at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas yesterday.

According to a hostess at the Las Vegas hotel who just identified herself as “Jeanette,” a fire broke out in the bamboo hut on the 14th floor of the hotel, where one of the hotel’s pools is located.

Evacuated 

A number of guests had to evacuate from the hotel.

According to Jeanette, the fire was allegedly caused when a fryer located near the bamboo hut caught ablaze, however the cause of the fire is still to be confirmed.

CNN reports that the fire has since been extinguished.

Las Vegas residents and onlookers immediately took to Twitter to document the fire.

Las Vegas Strip Fire Source: Associated Press

The photographs show black smoke from the fire rising over the Las Vegas skyline.

Las Vegas Fire Source: Associated Press

Read: Cannabis worth €600k and 40,000 prescription drugs seized in Finglas>

Read: Yep, it’s July and it looks like this. Abort all plans to the beach>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Published with permission from:

Business Insider
Business Insider is a business site with strong financial, media and tech focus.

Read next:

COMMENTS (25)