#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 15°C Wednesday 27 October 2021
Advertisement

Norway police worried that killer filmed island massacre

Anders Behring Breivik may have filmed his massacre of 69 people on Utoya island, say Norwegian police.

NORWEGIAN MURDER SUSPECT Anders Behring Breivik may have filmed his killing spree on the island of Utoya last month, police have said.

According to Sky News, Breivik, who is accused of opening fire at a youth camp on the island off Oslo, may have recorded the attacks to use as propaganda.

Police are now looking for a camera after finding evidence at Breivik’s home indicating he had intended to use it to capture his 72-minute attack on film.

In a press conference, Oslo police lawyer Christian Hatlo said investigators had information from Breivik’s manifesto which suggests the killer used a camera to film the 22 July events on Utoya island.

A search of the island has turned up nothing so far but police continue to look for its, as well as other evidence.

Sky News says that Breivik’s manifesto included plans to send the footage to several newsrooms in the hope of gaining attention for his political views.

#Open journalism No news is bad news Support The Journal

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support us now

The 32-year-old is also accused of bombing a Government building in Oslo on the same day as the Utoya shootings. The double terrorist attack claimed the lives of 77 people.

Read: Breivik ‘Filmed’ Norway Island Massacre >

More: Anders Behring Breivik demands are “unrealistic, far, far from real world” >

Read next:

COMMENTS