Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
POLICE IN NORTHERN Ireland have launched an appeal for potential victims of Chinese serial rapist Zhenhao Zou to come forward.
This week, London’s Metropolitan Police Service issued a renewed public appeal via its dedicated online channels over Zou, who police believe may be one of the UK’s most prolific sex offenders.
A total of 23 women have made reports to the police since the appeal in March 2025.
The Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said it is supporting the appeal.
@metpoliceuk have issued another appeal to encourage potential victims of serial rapist Zhenhao Zou to report.
— Police Service NI (@PoliceServiceNI) April 3, 2025
He studied at Queen’s University between 2017 & 2019.
Don't suffer in silence if you've been victimised by this man. Report: https://t.co/Uklb1uF9g8 pic.twitter.com/Oge3xkUZq0
The 28-year-old moved to Northern Ireland at the age of 20 to study mechanical engineering at Queen’s University between 2017 and 2019.
No reports of offences in Northern Ireland have been made so far.
Zou then returned briefly to his native China due to Covid.
In September 2019 he moved to London to do a master’s degree, returning to China periodically.
He was found guilty of 11 rapes of 10 different women in the UK and China.
However, police feel there are potentially more victims who have not yet come forward.
Detective Chief Inspector Stephanie Finlay of the PSNI’s Public Protection Branch said: “To date we have not received any reports of potential offences committed in Northern Ireland and so we are again appealing for information.
“We have concerns that many of the victims do not know they are victims.
“Zou’s pattern of offending involved him meeting women socially, or through social media, then luring them back to his flat where he would ply them with drink laced with drugs and sexually assault them when they lost consciousness.”
He continued: “We want to appeal to anybody who met him or in any way was alone with him, where somebody may have been in his accommodation or had an encounter with him that left them feeling uneasy or like something may have happened that they did not consent to.
“Please come forward and report. We will treat you with sensitivity and respect.”
If you wish to speak to detectives or make a report relating to Zou, you can also contact police by email on survivors@met.police.uk
With additional reporting from Keith Kelly.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say