This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 14 °C Tuesday 21 May, 2019
Advertisement

Search continues for 21-year-old man who went into River Boyne

The young man entered the river yesterday morning.

Image: Meath Civil Defence via Facebook

A SEARCH IS continuing today for a 21-year-old man who went into the River Boyne in Navan yesterday morning.

Crews from a number of organisations had been involved in a search for the young man yesterday after a report of him entering the river just after 5.30am.

Today, Meath Civil Defence, Howth Coast Guard and garda water support unit continued looking for the missing man.

Deputy mayor of Navan and local councillor Wayne Forde said it was great to see the community spirit so alive in Meath with so many coming out to help and locals providing sandwiches and tea for them.

He also said his thoughts and prayers were with the family of the young man.

“Words cannot describe how they must be feeling at this very sad and low time.”

Read: Body recovered after search on the River Boyne>

Read: Body recovered from sea off Clare coast>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (7)