#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 4°C Wednesday 19 January 2022
Advertisement

Searches ongoing for two "armed and dangerous" Paris attack suspects

Belgium said it is searching for the suspects, who it is believed helped attack suspect Salah Abdeslam.

"La bonne biere, one of the establishments targeted during the November Paris attacks
Image: AP/Press Association Images

SEARCHES ARE UNDERWAY for two new suspects over the Paris attacks.

Belgium said this afternoon it is searching for two “armed and dangerous” but unidentified suspects who used false ID papers to help wanted Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam travel to Hungary in September.

The fake identity card of one of the suspects was also used to wire money from Brussels to Paris to the cousin of attacks ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud four days after the massacre in the French capital, the Belgian prosecutors office said.

130 people were killed in the attacks last month.

Today, A La Bonne Biere, the bar were five people were killed during the Paris attacks, was reopened. Its manager described what happened as “a nightmare”.

Four other bars and restaurants, as well as the nearby Bataclan concert hall were also targeted in the November 13 attacks.

- © AFP, 2015

Read: The Paris bar where five people were killed has reopened>

About the author:

AFP

Read next:

COMMENTS (26)