This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 6 °C Monday 22 October, 2018
Advertisement

Garda chief confident Adrian Donohoe's killers will be brought to justice

Speaking at the GRA conference yesterday evening, O’Sullivan said the force is determined to apprehend the people who murdered the 41-year-old father of two.

Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe, who was killed in January 2013.
Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe, who was killed in January 2013.
Image: Garda press office/Photocall Ireland

GARDA COMMISSIONER NOIRÍN O’Sullivan is confident that those responsible for the death of Detective Garda Adrian Donohoe will be caught and brought to justice.

Speaking yesterday evening at the Garda Representative Association conference in Killarney, O’Sullivan said the force is “very determined that the people who murdered Detective Garda Donohoe will be pursued and will be apprehended”.

The 41-year-old father of two was shot dead during an armed robbery in Louth in January 2013. Since then there have been a number of developments in the investigation and gardaí have travelled to the US, where three of the suspects are currently living.

“We’re having very, very good co-operation with the police service in Northern Ireland and with colleagues in the US authorities and I’m very confident that the people that murdered Detective Garda Donohoe will be brought to justice,” O’Sullivan said.

Here’s what the gardaí have done to try and catch the killers of Adrian Donohoe>

Read: Louth GAA club to mark anniversary of Detective Adrian Donohoe’s death with candlelight walk >

Read: Gardaí investigating Adrian Donohoe’s murder carry out searches in Louth >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (11)