WANT TO KNOW what’s going on in Leinster House today?
Every day the Dáil and Seanad are sitting, TheJournal.ie brings you the most comprehensive guide to what our lawmakers are getting up to in the Houses of the Oireachtas.
So here is what we can expect to be happening in the Dáil, Seanad and Committee rooms today.
3 things we’ll be keeping an eye on:
- After speaking to the party faithful at the weekend’s Ard Fheis, Enda Kenny gets back to the weekly routine with Leaders Questions at 2.30pm.
- Fianna Fáil are introducing the new Protection of Residential Mortgage Account Holders Bill at 7.30pm which aims to ensure that mortgage holders whose IBRC mortgages are sold to third-parties receive statutory protection form the Central Bank.
- Tánaiste and Minster for Foreign Affairs Eamon Gilmore will speak about recent and forthcoming meetings of the EU Foreign Affairs Council. Ukraine will feature heavily after it begins at 4.30pm in Room 1.
Everything else happening in the Dáil:
- The Government is giving itself over four hours to speak about their Priorities for the Year Ahead from 2.51pm. We wouldn’t like to use the term ‘a lot done more to do’, but it’s likely that the statements will go along such lines.
Everything happening in the Seanad:
- Order of Business in the upper chamber begins at 2.30pm with the agenda to be confirmed later.
- Former Senator, TD and chairman of Mayo County Council Martin J. O’Toole died in October last year. The Seanad will give members the chance to pay tribute from 3.45pm.
- Finance Minster Michael Noonan will head up statements to the Seanad on Economic Growth and Job Creation from 5pm.
Everything else happening in the committees:
- Seachtain Na Gaeilge (which apparently is actually 16 days long), began on Saturday so the Environment, Culture and the Gaeltacht Committee will hear from students from a number of gaelscoileanna including Coláilste de hÍde in Tallaght and Coláiste Ghobnatan in Ballingeary. That’s at 2.15pm in Room 4.
- The Oireachtas Committee on Agriculture, Food and the Marine sits from 2pm in Room 3 to talk about the crisis affecting bull beef producers with a number of different groups.
- The Government’s ‘#allaboutjobs agenda‘ takes centre stage from 5.15pm as the Jobs, Enterprise and Innovation Committee will talk about last week’s Action Plan 2014 announcement and a forthcoming EU job creation meeting.
Here’s how to watch what’s going on in Leinster House today:
- Dáil Éireann
- Seanad Éireann
- Committee Room 1
- Committee Room 2
- Committee Room 3
- Committee Room 4
- To access streams on iOS, click here
Like politics? Then why not ‘Like’ TheJournal.ie’s Politics page?
Explainer: How does a bill become a law? >