Free Syrian Army soldier takes cover while fighting against Syrian Army troops in Aleppo, Syria, Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012 AP Photo/ Manu Brabo

Syria: Explosions rock central Aleppo

A number of explosions have rocked a central district in the northern city of Aleppo – with some reports of casualties.

SYRIAN STATE-RUN television says that three “terrorist” explosions have rocked a central district in the northern city of Aleppo.

The report says Wednesday’s blasts went off in the city’s main square, an area controlled by government forces. The TV did not give any immediate details on casualties or damage.

Aleppo-based activists reported at least two blasts in Aleppo’s central district and said they were likely caused by car bombs.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights has claimed that dozens of people were killed and wounded in the explosions.

The city has seen intensified fighting between regime forces and rebels trying to oust President Bashar Assad, after the opposition fighters launched a new offensive last week.

Read: Syrian fighting torches historic medieval market>

Close
4 Comments
    Submit a report
    Please help us understand how this comment violates our community guidelines.
    Thank you for the feedback
    Your feedback has been sent to our team for review.
    JournalTv
    News in 60 seconds