EVERY MORNING, TheJournal.ie brings you the stories you need to know as you wake up.
1. #TOP DOGS: President-elect Donald Trump has appointed GOP chief Reince Priebus as his chief of staff and Breitbart news executive Stephen Bannon as chief strategist.
2. #MEDICATION: Health Minister Simon Harris wants to bring down the cost of expensive drugs by buying them in bulk.
3. #NEW ZEALAND: Strong aftershocks have rocked the country after an earthquake killed two people overnight.
4. #TRADE: Minister for Finance Michael Noonan is in the US today to meet Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew.
5. #LANSDOWNE ROAD: Negotiations on a new public pay deal could start as early as April, according to the Irish Examiner.
6. #BAH HUMBUG: Organisers of the Dublin Christmas lights ceremony had to end it early yesterday due to overcrowding.
7. #LEGALISE IT: A poll has shown a large majority of Irish people want to see medicinal cannabis made available here.
8. #MOTHER AND BABY HOMES: Former HSE chief Phil Garland told the Irish Daily Star that reports about nuns falsifying the deaths of babies were ignored.
9. #LOOK UP: Tonight’s supermoon will be the biggest in 68 years.