Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
LUAS DRIVERS ARE set to enter into two days of extensive talks with union bosses.
These will take place at Siptu’s Dublin HQ Liberty Hall over the next 48 hours and will aim to bring members up to date on the current state of negotiations with Luas operator Transdev.
Yesterday the Luas operator said that it had “positive” talks with three out of the four Luas worker grades, with a meeting with drivers set to go ahead on Monday.
“There hasn’t been a general meeting for a while,” a spokesperson for Siptu told TheJournal.ie.
So this will be a summing up exercise. We will be discuss the outcome of those discussions.
They also confirmed that the protective notice that workers have been placed on would be discussed at the meeting.
Drivers yesterday announced that they would be suspending their plans carry out a further 48-hour strike this weekend, a move that has allowed further negotiations with the company.
Earlier this month the company placed all of its staff on protective notice with immediate effect.
In a letter Transdev informed staff members that future employment would be on a day-to-day basis and that further industrial action by workers could potentially cause the shutdown of the Dublin tram service.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say