#Open journalism No news is bad news

Your contributions will help us continue to deliver the stories that are important to you

Support The Journal
Dublin: 9°C Tuesday 28 September 2021
Advertisement

Man apologises over 'road rage' death

The 30-year-old Dubliner pleaded guilty to manslaughter today over the 2010 attack.

Image: James Cridland via Creative Commons

A 30-YEAR-OLD Dublin man has pleaded not guilty to the murder, but guilty to manslaughter, of a man who died during an alleged road rage incident in 2010.

Raymond Bates, 49, sustained serious head injuries during an assault at the junction of Sandymount Road and Tritonville Road in September 2010. He became ill the following day, and died in hospital four days later, the BBC reports.

RTÉ reports that Karl Donohue of Fisherman’s Wharf, Ringsend, pleaded guilty to manslaughter in court today.

His legal counsel said that Donohue wanted to apologise to Bates’ family and said that the incident had been a moment of madness on his part.

He is due to be sentenced on 16 April.

Read next:

COMMENTS (4)