This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 3 °C Wednesday 13 November, 2019
Advertisement

Three says service is "fully restored" after customers flood social media after outage

The network is down for customers across the country.

Updated 7.09 pm 

MOBILE NETWORK THREE says that its service is “fully restored” after an outage that caused disruption to thousands of customers across the country.

The company had been responding to numerous complaints online saying that they were working to resolve the problem.

The provider says that the issues have been resolved but that some customers may need to restart their phones to activate the fix.

A number of customers who’ve contacted TheJournal.ie have said that the issues with the service began this morning and persisted into the afternoon.

Three says that the problem was fixed shortly before 5pm.

The provider’s Facebook page was flooded with customers who said that they weren’t given sufficient updates about when service would return to normal.

PastedImage-71667 Source: Facebook/Three

PastedImage-73271 Source: Facebook/Three

Three bought out O2 two years ago and the company has been integrating their customers into the now enlarged network that encompasses almost 40% of the Irish mobile market.

A number of other service outages have been reported by customers over the last number of months.

Read: Europe isn’t happy about Three trying to buy O2 >

Read: Three buys O2 and will now control 40 per cent of Ireland’s mobile market >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

Rónán Duffy

Read next:

COMMENTS (89)