TheJournal.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more »
Dublin: 6 °C Saturday 18 November, 2017
Advertisement

Man dies and two are injured in explosion at house in Drogheda

It’s belived the explosion may have been caused by a household boiler.

Two people were also injured in the fire.
Two people were also injured in the fire.
Image: Facebook/ArdeeFireStation

A MAN IN his 20s has died and two people have been injured following an explosion and a fire at a house in Drogheda, Co. Louth.

The cause of the explosion has not been firmly established as yet but it is believed it may have been caused by a household boiler.

Gardaí and emergency services were called to the scene of the fire at the Beaulie Cottages area at just after midnight last night.

Gardai say that a 26-year-old man was injured in the explosion and was pronounced dead a short time later.

Two other people, a man in his 50s and a woman in her 20s, were also in the house at the time and were both taken to Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital in Drogheda.

Their injuries are described as serious but are not thought to be life threatening.

The body of the deceased man has since been removed to the mortuary at Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital where a post-mortem examination is expected to take place.

The fire at the house has since been extinguished and the scene is being preserved for a technical examination.

Read: Man in his 60s dies in house fire in Mayo >

Read: Car burst into flames at Limerick petrol station >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (7)

This is YOUR comments community. Stay civil, stay constructive, stay on topic. Please familiarise yourself with our comments policy here before taking part.
write a comment

Leave a commentcancel

Trending Tags