DON’T PUT AWAY those shorts just yet – because the good weather is set to last right into next weekend.
Colour us excited (with a bit of sunburn), because this is what we have to look forward to, according to Met Éireann:
- Today will see top temperatures of 18 -25C, highest over east Munster and south Leinster
- Temperatures tonight will be 11 – 15C, though there might be drizzle in places
- Tuesday will be warm with some clouds, and top temps of 19 – 25C
- The fine summer weather will continue for the rest of the week and next weekend
- It will stay dry all the time except for the odd summer shower and some light rain on Wednesday
- From Thursday it will become “very warm or hot again”
- The west will be the hottest part of the country
Unfortunately, we can expect humid nights – but that’s a small price to pay for lovely sunny days, right?
That means we get to do all these things we’ve been enjoying this past week:
Hanging out with family in paddling pools:
(If you’re lucky enough to have one, that is)
Catching some rays on the beach with pals:
Pic: Claire McManamon
Jumping off cliffs in search of a thrill:
Queuing for 15 hours for a 99:
Eating every meal ‘al fresco’:
And, of course, sword-swallowing on the beach:
All pics: Photocall Ireland (unless marked otherwise)
(And remember, if you’re going to be near water, stay safe).
First published 10:56