Advertisement
A room in the Trident Hotel, Kinsale, similar to that in which Miriam Reidy was found dead. Trident Hotel
Carbon Monoxide

Kinsale hotel reopens before gas leak probe concludes

The Trident Hotel in Kinsale – where Miriam Reidy died earlier this month – will reopen before the investigation finishes.

THE HOTEL in County Cork where a woman died from suspected gas poisoning earlier this month is to reopen for business next month – before the Health & Safety Authority concludes its investigation in to the death.

Miriam Reidy was found dead in her room in the Trident Hotel in Kinsale on January 9, having died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning – while her sister was discovered in a serious condition.

The Irish Daily Mirror today reports, however, that the hotel is now set to host a Dragon’s Den-style event on February 17 – well before the Health & Safety Authority will have finished its investigations into the death.

Reidy – a Limerick native living in Tralee – and her sister had been staying in the hotel while they attended a cousin’s hen party in the Cork town.

It later emerged that doctors had been summoned to the hotel on several occasions on the Saturday evening and Sunday morning before Reidy’s body was discovered on the Sunday afternoon, with residents at the hotel complaining of nausea and breathlessness.

The H&SA said it had no reason to stop the hotel reopening for business, however.

Read more in the print edition of the Irish Daily Mirror