This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 7 °C Thursday 14 November, 2019
Advertisement

Rebekah Brooks 'received £7m pay-off'

Latest reports say that Brooks received the pay-off after she resigned from News International last year.

Image: Lefteris Pitarakis/AP/Press Association Images

DETAILS HAVE EMERGED on a pay-off said to have been received by Rebekah Brooks, former chief executive of News International.

The Financial Times reports today that when she left the business, which is owned by Rupert Murdoch, she received a pay-off of more than £7 million.

She resigned last year, and the publication says the pay off included cash, pension payments, an allowance for legal fees and the use of a chauffeur-driven car, as well as clawback clauses.

It was announced in July that Britain’s Crown Prosecution Service is bringing charges against Brooks and fellow former News of the World editor Andy Coulson.

They will face trial next September.

Prosecutors have accused Brooks, Coulson, Stuart Kuttner, Greg Miskiw, Ian Edmondson, Neville Thurlbeck and James Weatherup of conspiring together and with Glenn Mulciar, Clive Goodman “and persons unknown” to illegally intercept communications during their transmission.

Read: Phone hacking investigation: Rebekah Brooks and Andy Coulson face charges>

Read: Leveson: Brooks texted Cameron ‘We’re definitely in this together’>

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

Read next:

COMMENTS (18)