Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
Sign in. It’s quick, free and it’s up to you.
An account is an optional way to support the work we do. Find out more.
GALWAY FULL-BACK SEÁN Fitzgerald has been confirmed as a contestant on the new season of Love Island.
The 25-year-old stepped away from the Galway panel last week amid reports linking him with the show.
Fitzgerald missed out on Galway’s Connacht final squad against Roscommon and will now be absent for the county’s attempts to lift a first Sam Maguire since 2001.
The show will be filmed in Majorca and will be hosted once again by Maya Jama.
The primary school teacher first posted an application video for the show on his TikTok account in February, where he said: “Love Island, please have me”, and he doesn’t understand why people don’t scare other contestants while they’re “getting active”.
In Love Island’s announcement of Fitzgerald joining the villa, it released a short Q&A with the GAA player.
He said his ‘type on paper’ is “female”, and he dislikes “cockiness and a dry personality”.
“I’m here for love but also here for drama. I won’t be getting involved in it, I might be mixing it!” he said.
As for his relationship strategy, he said: “Play forward and if it’s not on, pass it back and go forward again. Eventually, you’ll get a goal!”
Asked whether he’s been ‘a World Cup winner or knocked out in the first round’ in his love life, Fitzgerald answered, “Definitely not knocked out! A World cup winner and player of the tournament”, continuing that if he sees someone he likes, “I’m going for it and nothing’s gonna stop me.”
Love Island returns Monday 1 June at 9pm on Virgin Media Play & Virgin Media Two.
To embed this post, copy the code below on your site
have your say