This site uses cookies to improve your experience and to provide services and advertising. By continuing to browse, you agree to the use of cookies described in our Cookies Policy. You may change your settings at any time but this may impact on the functionality of the site. To learn more see our Cookies Policy.
OK
Dublin: 11 °C Sunday 17 February, 2019
Advertisement

One Direction's Zayn has already released a solo track (and it's causing a row)

All because of some fella called Naughty Boy.

Image: AP/Press Association Images

A DEMO OF a new song by former One Direction star Zayn Malik has been posted online, sparking a row between its producer and one of Malik’s former bandmates.

“I Won’t Mind” features soulful vocals by Malik over a simple acoustic guitar loop and lyrics such as: “We are who we are when no one’s watching/And right from the start, you know I got you.”

One Direction, who have sold over 50 million records worldwide, announced last week that Malik was leaving the band but that they would continue as a foursome.

He said he was quitting because he wanted “to be a normal 22-year-old who is able to relax and have some private time” (that didn’t last long, did it?).


Source: youthonix/SoundCloud

Can’t see the audio player? Click here to listen.

The new song was posted on Twitter by British producer Naughty Boy, who has previously worked with musicians including Emeli Sande.

But the move drew an angry reaction from One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson, who tweeted at Naughty Boy.

His little sister also joined in…

Naughty Boy faced a volley of abuse from One Direction fans for posting the demo.

Meanwhile, for those struggling to get over the loss of Zayn from the band, they can always head to Madame Tussauds in London, where the original line-up is still present.

However, due to the emotional reactions of mourning fans, the waxworks has decided to appoint tissue attendants.

Zayn Malik quits One Direction Source: PA Wire/Press Association Images

“Many have also been teary eyed, but we’ve had a delivery of 150 boxes of tissues over the weekend so we’re prepared,” Grace Cadden (18), tissue attendant said.

Matt Clarkson, Madame Tussauds Marketing Manager, said:

I want to reassure fans that we will absolutely not be removing Zayn from our One Direction line up – all five boys will remain in the attraction as they have been since their arrival in 2013.

Zayn Malik quits One Direction Source: Anthony Devlin

“We will continue to play their music non-stop in their dedicated setting, and the Tissue Attendant will be on hand when needed”.

Have your say: Are you over Zayn’s shock departure from 1D yet?


Poll Results:



© AFP 2015, additional reporting by Nicky Ryan

Read: Zayn Malik has left One Direction >

  • Share on Facebook
  • Email this article
  •  

About the author:

AFP

Read next:

COMMENTS (40)